This law firm represents Jon Wilson, a bicyclist, who collided with the rear of a streetlight repair truck owned and operated by AUM Construction at 1200 NE 79th Street (Florida State Road 934) in Miami on April 15, 2020. Mr. Wilson was knocked unconscious, then taken by Fire Rescue to Jackson Memorial Medical Center, where he was in a coma for 4 days. He suffered very serious injuries. AUM Construction personnel were repairing a streetlight at the time of the crash.
We understand that the FDOT contracted with Miami-Dade County for state highway lighting maintenance.
Please accept this as my Freedom of Information Act request for the following items:
1. Contract for the maintenance and repair activity that was ongoing at the time of the subject crash.
2. The permit or other related information for the work being performed.
3. The contract for maintenance and repair of utilities, including streetlights, in the location of State Foad 934 where this crash occurred.
4. Any reports of incident related to the above-described incident.
5. All regulations and requirements that were put in place to be followed and complied with by contractors with respect to maintenance of traffic, during repair work such as repairing streetlights, or replacing bulbs in streetlights.”